New brakes for 1993 Infiniti G20 - Can I do it?

Is there anything special about replacing the rotors and brake pads on a 1993 Infiniti G20?

I am a lousy mechanic but my brother is not and has maintained his families' fleet of cars and trucks (four or five vehicles) for years. I just helped/watched him easily replace the rotors and brake pads on a 1990 Buick LeSabre and his is willing to try the same thing with my G20. He is very capable but has never worked on an Infiniti of any kind.

He has torx bits for American cars but is wondering if the Infiniti G20 requires any special tools.

I would appreciate any input as to what tools are required and any tips for completing the new brake job on my car. Is there a recommended manual I could purchase that covers this topic?

Thanks for your input, Terry Severson

Reply to
Terry Severson

No more difficult than the GM. Go for it.

Reply to
Jim

Your Infiniti G20 was one of the best cars ever made. Sadly the "redesigned" version looked like it was dressed by Tammy Faye Bakker.

As part of the exceptional workmanship of your G20 there should be a service manual in the trunk. The shelf at the left rear should have a box with manuals in it, to answer exactly your question.

Reply to
David Kelly