New Car Maintenance App

Hi,

I've been working on a web app that would allow me to track maintenance tas ks performed on my car. It has now reached a stage where it is already usab le. I've made it available for everybody at

It is free to use and I would be glad to get your feedback.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply to
a.zuzek

This sounds familiar, didn't you spam the place about that once before? I have to wonder why anyone would need to use a program to keep track of "maintenance" items. All you need is a little box with some 3"x5" cards in it. Label the top of the card with 99 BelAir and on each line below put the date and mileage of whatever maintenance you did that date. Once card, front and back, is good for several years of entries. And you don't have to boot a computer to make entries or to just look at it to see if an oil change is due. Why do people insist on making things 100x more complicated then they need to be? I keep track of 5 cars this way and have for years. And I never need to upgrade the "program".

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

A few months ago, my 60 YO neighbour was under his Landrover Discovery, changing oil in the diff or whatever ... and he kept referring to a bloody iPad. Sign of the times.

Reply to
bruce56

Hi Ashton,

No, I didn't 'spam' this group before. Anyway, thanks for your valuable feedback.

Alejandro

Reply to
a.zuzek

These days you can often find service manual PDF's for free, instead of paying a small fortune for one at a dealer.

Reply to
T0m $herman

please post links to all these free manuals you speak of

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

The only one I bothered to find was for a pre-gen Ninjette, and that was when I was looking for the regular owner's manual (which did not come with the used bike).

Google is your friend - what vehicle do you want one for?

Reply to
T0m $herman

I'm fine, I was simply calling you on being full of shit. A Ninjette bike? This is an automotive group and GOOD/legal information costs hundreds of dollars for automobiles.

Or $20 on eBay for pirated stuff.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Alldata is a lot less than hundreds of dollars.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

And you are a blowhard who is full of himself. But what else is new on Usenet?

Reply to
T0m $herman

My local library has service manuals online. You just need to sign up to view them. Totally free!!

Reply to
m6onz5a