New car smell.

A local radio talk show host was talking to Sandra Edwards this morning.She is a Ford engineer.She was talking about Ford is trying to eliminate new car smell from new cars.According to her, some people don't like that new car smell when they buy a new car.

I always thought everybody likes that new car smell. Look on the web for, Sandra Edwards Ford Engineer

Smelled a Ford lately? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I guess times change....maybe. People indeed used to like the new car smell....so much, in fact, that research was done to analyze the chemicals causing the smell and to reproduce them in a spray can form.

Maybe people today are more cautious about what they are breathing.

Reply to
hls

I want new cars to smell like butcher's wax, freshly-cut mahogany, and fresh leather again.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I have never owned a new car before, so I guess I just don't know.

When the new wears off of your crystal chandeliers,,,,,,, cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Smells like a Volvo, but you have to throw a whiff of gasoline in.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

The out gassing of all the plastic in new cars does not smell good. WW

Reply to
WW

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:i59g8r$2ca$ snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

How about one that Smells Like Teen Spirit? Uh, never mind...

Reply to
Tegger

That's what happened to that plastic windshield wiper bushing on my 1983 Dodge van.It kept on out gassing till it dried out so much and it broke into little pieces. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:7949-4C786D90-251@storefull-

3172.bay.webtv.net:

I was a teenager in the '70s. Then I dried out and broke into little pieces. And here I am now, an old fart. In little pieces.

Reply to
Tegger

I'm still in big pieces.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

With the lights down we're less dangerous here we are now entertain us

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I always liked "old car smell." Decaying wood and seat fabric, subject to rain and sun. Think I picked that up as a tyke on grand dad's farm when I would sit in one of the old model A or T Ford trucks junked in the back 40. Always liked holding the wheel and moving the gear shift. Never forgot the smell, or the hornet nests. Plastic doesn't do it for me, and I can take or leave leather. Wood is good, especially with boiled linseed oil.

Reply to
Bob Cooper

I was a teenager in the 1950's.I have long since dried out.But, I still ''out gas'' every little once in a while. Quick somebody, hand me pen so I can autograph ''that one'' before it gets away. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

They didn't *used* to be all plastic. At one time people actually used cloth and leather in cars.

Reply to
chuckcar

And hair (mohair?) for seat padding. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin