Nissan speed sensor removal

I want to check the transaxle fluid level on my 95 200SX with manual xmission (there is some evidence of a leak and second gear is getting balky in cold weather). My crappy Haynes book implies that you remove the speed sensor to do this. I removed the hold-down screw and can twist the thing around but it won't come out.

Is there some trick to getting the thing out and how much fluid is enough?

Reply to
rabbitispoor

There should be a fill plug on the side of the transmission. I can't see why you would need to remove the speed sensor.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt

Doh! There's a fill plug on the front side. I guess the Haynes bozos couldn't find it either.

Reply to
rabbitispoor