No start................

my car has been taking longer to start recently,and finally it wouldn't start,it turns very slowly(rrrrr....rrrrrr...rrrrrr!)and won't respond to a jump.The headlights dim when i try to crank it,and I had the battery charged,but it still doesn't do anything....any idea what's going on?

Reply to
britewhitelight

sounds like you have a high resistance connection somewhere. Start by inspecting your battery cables. Also check to make sure the engine block is well grounded. Have you lost a ground strap by any chance? Jumper from the engine block to the battery negative with a heavy jumper cable and see if that helps.

Possibility #2 is that your starter is crapping out on you. If you have an inductive ammeter you should be able to see how much current it's drawing, if more than a couple hundred amps then that's your problem.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel