No start: Motorcraft 2150 255 cu in ford

Cannot start unless I pour 1-2 oz of gas down the carb, then it idles and drives ok but will not restart after turning off. Choke is working. Ignition and Fuel pump pressure are good. This problem just started with no prior symptoms. I've tried starting with pedal floored, part way, 1 or more pumps etc and not depressed at all.

Gas shoots from both jets each time the accelerator is pumped. There is a small bit of gas noticeable at the base of the carb to manifold gasket. So what is the difference between pouring gas down the air horn and pumping via the accel pump? Maybe the gas in the tank is bad but it's not that old and why would it keep running well after I start it with the other gas?

Reply to
Martik

Sounds like time for a carb overhaul...

Professor

Professor

idle jets are clogged.

you could try taking the supply line off and forcing cleaner in there, watch for sprayback in your eyes though. You might get lucky.

Reply to
ed

yep carb over haul time

Reply to