Noise on front part of car and SES light

Hey guys!! I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. It has about 61k miles. I've done maintenance on it regularly. Switched the head gaskets and components, changed shock absorbers, etc. I do the oil and filter change regularly so I can tell you that my car's engine is up and running. I have two issues that are worrying me:

  1. The car's "Service Engine Soon" light turns on periodically and before it happens I feel a strange variation in the car's engine. A small variation in the idle thrust of the car and then the SES light comes on. After a couple of days it goes off and then back on. This happens when the car is in Idle ie. I am parked somewhere with the engine running for a while. I doesn't happen while driving. I checked spark plugs, etc and everything looks good on the engine side. Very strange issue. It doesn't affect me that much but it's an annoying issue and I'm worried that it will escalate to something worse. I've changed the spark plugs recently, wires like 2 years ago so I don't know what else could be wrong. It seems more of an electrical problem than an engine problem.

  1. After a little while of driving my car around, there is a noise that I start hearing from the front part of my car. It's a vibration noticed when I accelerate the car or I am stepping over a bump on the road. It doesn't happen when the car is stopped, only in motion. I checked the lower end of the engine (where the muffler starts) for loose parts but that doesn't seem to be. I wonder what else should I check. My mechanic checked the transmition mount but he said they look fine to him. It's really hard to replicate the problem while I am not moving the car since it doesn't happen. I need to be driving it around so you can hear the annoying noise. Any suggestions on what can it be.

Regards and will appreciate any input you can submit.

Thanks much, Teo

Reply to
Metalaid