Noise while turning

I recently replaced the right-front hub-bearing assembly on my 4x4

1998 Jimmy. It now makes a constant noise while I'm turning right. Straight is ok, left is ok, but even a slight right turn of the steering wheel makes a humming noise while driving at speeds in excess of approx. 30 mph. Anyone have any clue what is wrong? Does it have anything to do with the hub replacement?

FYI, I replaced the hub because it would occasionally make a clunking noise while turning corners usually at lower speeds. This symptom is different than what I am currently hearing.

Reply to
Dan

"Dan" wrote

Sounds like your 'left' front wheel bearing and hub assembly is noisy.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Approximately 9/12/03 17:37, Dan uttered for posterity:

My best guess would be that something is wrong with that new hub assembly. Check the bearing for correct tightness.

Reply to
Lon Stowell