O2 Sensor

i am wondering if there is a reliable way to check the O2 sensor on a

89 pontiac sunbird 2.0 OHC. i have read about a few different ways, but they all say you need a GOOD multimeter. my meter is not that good, it does quite alot and got me though my electronics course in college, but it isnt high impedence. any help will be greatly appreciated.

mark

Reply to
Markr1001

Shep

It's only about $30 or something like that and if it's been in there a long time, the one you have is probably lazy. Personally, I do not change mine unless I have the code for it. This sensor is one that provides a pretty clear warning when it's not cycling properly. As you found out, there are ways to check it though. The impedance of your meter is not what's stopping you.

Reply to
Al Bundy

======== ======== Call around to some garages and find out who's offering "Free" (lmo) computer "scans" and go get one. Try to use an independent and stay away from so called "Chain Stores". (You're more likely to get good results if the guy holding the scanner didn't quit Burger King last week to become a mechanic)

I'm doing about 5-10 a week....no charge. wanna take a ride to Pensacola? :)

any whooooo...... a scan and data check only takes about 5 minutes, it's not that complicated, and more and more shops are starting to realize that charging for the initial scan a tatamount to being a "RIP OFF". jmo

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke.....sips his shroomjuice.....that oughta start a fight~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

thanx for the advice, this car is pre OBDII so i can actually do the scan my self with a jumper wire. i actually work at a parts store up here in canada, and your right they are very cheap, i just didnt want to waste money if i didnt have to. it has been in there for well over 2 years, so it proably does ned to be changed. this weekend i might just pull out the torch andmeter for some fun and test it, but ya i think im gonna invest in a new one.

thanx again mark

Reply to
Markr1001