(Off Topic) Electric Chainsaws.

I want to buy an electric chainsaw which has all steel gears.Do you know of any company that makes them? Those plastic gears are crap, they don't hold up too well. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Why in gods name do you want an *electric* chainsaw? Just buy a stalin.

Damn, can't get wiki to give me both language versions with just the word "stalin"

Reply to
fred

I bought a Homelite from ebay 5 years ago for $70. It's still going strong. Just remember to use a fuel stabilizer when you store it. I know Homelite is a cheap brand, but it's been good to me. This chainsaw gets used every year.

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

There are several reasons to want an electric chainsaw.

First is that anybody can start it, second is that it doesn't need gas. I wish I had one right now so I could cut up several branches that are three inches in diameter for firewood, instead of dicking with the Stihl I use to cut larger firewood.

Dick Cheney

I don't want to fool around with a gas engine chainsaw, been there, done that.I have owned two Remington electric chainsaws before, the large plastic gears strip out, doesn't last long enough to suit me.I like electric tools, plug them in and they are ready to go. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin