oil changed

I just got the oil changed on my BMW 328is at Sears, but it still says it needs "Oil Service" every time I turn it on. Any ideas?

I bought it used, and it had no manual.

Reply to
mike7411

  2. Go to a competent mechanic who is used to working on European cars instead of Sears next time.

You can buy one from any one of a number of places that advertise in the back of Rondel.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

You need to reset the lights. Here is a tool I bought years ago for my BMW. It has two resets (oil change & Inspection), and it also --at least half-ass-- reads fault codes and will reset them too.

You really need to get at least a basic manual.

Reply to
smallg

  1. Check the dipstick and make sure you see clean oil.
Reply to
clifto