Oil fouled spark plug(s)

1983 Dodge van, 318 engine. Van has almost 146,000 miles on it. Every two o r three years I install new Autolite AP 64 spark plugs, I can clean the old plugs but I prefer to install new spark plugs. At least one or more cylind ers fouls one or two spark plugs, I only drive that van about once a month to the food store. I think I should install a hotter set of spark plugs. Ca n anybody advise what would be hotter spark plugs for my van? Thanks for an y info.
Reply to
JR

or three years I install new Autolite AP 64 spark plugs, I can clean the o ld plugs but I prefer to install new spark plugs. At least one or more cyli nders fouls one or two spark plugs, I only drive that van about once a mont h to the food store. I think I should install a hotter set of spark plugs. Can anybody advise what would be hotter spark plugs for my van? Thanks for any info.

AP65 is one step hotter.

Also you can try the non foulers.

Reply to
m6onz5a

wo or three years I install new Autolite AP 64 spark plugs, I can clean the old plugs but I prefer to install new spark plugs. At least one or more cy linders fouls one or two spark plugs, I only drive that van about once a mo nth to the food store. I think I should install a hotter set of spark plugs . Can anybody advise what would be hotter spark plugs for my van? Thanks fo r any info.

Non foulers, what company makes those?

Reply to
JR

two or three years I install new Autolite AP 64 spark plugs, I can clean t he old plugs but I prefer to install new spark plugs. At least one or more cylinders fouls one or two spark plugs, I only drive that van about once a month to the food store. I think I should install a hotter set of spark plu gs. Can anybody advise what would be hotter spark plugs for my van? Thanks for any info.

dorman/motormite #42004

Reply to
m6onz5a

ry two or three years I install new Autolite AP 64 spark plugs, I can clean the old plugs but I prefer to install new spark plugs. At least one or mor e cylinders fouls one or two spark plugs, I only drive that van about once a month to the food store. I think I should install a hotter set of spark p lugs. Can anybody advise what would be hotter spark plugs for my van? Thank s for any info.

OK, Thanks. I remember now what non foulers are. One end screws into the cy linder head(s) spark plug holes and the spark plugs screw into the other en d of the non foulers. In fact, I think I have a non fouler around here some where.

Reply to
JR