Oil leak 2008 Kia Rondo 2.7 Liter engine

Replaced timing chain and water pump (I did the work) approximately 1 year ago. Three months ago oil is leaking from the bottom of the timing cover. Could it be anything other than a crankshaft main seal? Hope so. My mind is still on cars 50 years ago when they had front and rear main seals. Ho pe it's minor. Car has approximately 90k miles and runs like a top. All advice appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I don't know but I looked at:

it seems complex, with a lot of gaskets compared to a 283V8!

AMuzi

r ago. Three months ago oil is leaking from the bottom of the timing cover . Could it be anything other than a crankshaft main seal? Hope so. My mi nd is still on cars 50 years ago when they had front and rear main seals. Hope it's minor.

Thank you Andrew, Yes, there are a lot of parts and gaskets, but, the timing cover really sho uld not have any oil in it to begin with. We have put on at least 10k leak less miles since the timing chain replacement, making me think that I did t he job correctly. The leak is recent. Thank you again Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Crank seal, cam seals, valve covers. Pop the top covers off and it should be obvious.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve, will do. Will take the covers off and look. Too bad it take s 100± fasteners to get the cover off. Great advice.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Yeah, seems they think that if one bolt is good, 7 is better. My favorites are the places they could have used an 1" long bolt but had all those 3" ones laying around...

Reply to
Steve W.