Oil pressure dropping

I have a 86 gmc sierra 1500 4.3 3 speed manuel on the cloumn.I just rebuilt the engine and when I started it up I noticed the oil pressure dropped.wHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS? any help would be appreciated ty

Reply to
gmc_man30

What do you mean "When I started it up the oil pressure dropped?"

Did it drop as the engine warmed up? That's normal.

Did it drop when you slowed the engine down from a fast idle to a normal idle after it warmed up? That's normal.

Did it suddenly drop a whole lot while the engine continued at the same speed? That's not normal.

Are you using a mechanical pressure gauge, or the electric idiot gauge in the dash?

Reply to
Steve