OK Seriously : Are there any Additives that yawl like

For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

Reply to
Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for lon

None, for normal and regular usage in either gas or oil.

Reply to
HLS

Seafoam. Works for an injector cleaner and carbon removal.

Reply to
Steve W.

None whatsoever. Additives are a good way to screw up the chemistry of fluids that were very carefully engineered to to their jobs in the first place.

Reply to
Steve

"I've heard that a little sugar in the gas tank will sweeten the exhaust and take care of that "rotten egg" smell........ "

This has got to be a joke! Sugar in the gas will burn up the engine or cause it to seize. Back in the '60's when anti-war protests were BIG, the Hippies would try to sneak sugar into the cop cars, if they could get one not being watched. That car would soon smoke and the engine would seize. Oh, for the good old days.

I'm not sure this poster intends harm or even knows this but anything from him should be regarded with suspicion.

disston

Reply to
disston

I have an old Army Technical Manual/soft back book here that I bought at a gun show many years ago.The book is about putting different thingys in gas tanks.I haven't looked in the book in a long time, but I think the book says sugar isn't effective. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I like oil and gas respectively.

There are useful additives, like detergents and stabilizers, and they solve particular problems. If there is no problem, there is no need to use them.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I am a Southerner and I always figured a Yawl is a Boat, something like a Sailboat, y'all.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Once I year I put in a thing of FI cleaner.

For my summer car, I put in fuel stabilizer when I park it for the winter. Same car sees octane boost when I'm going to be using the nitrous.

Other than that it's gas and oil.

Ray

Reply to
ray

disston wrote: > > ... Sugar in the gas will burn up the engine or > cause it to seize. Back in the '60's when anti-war protests were BIG, > the Hippies would try to sneak sugar into the cop cars, if they could > get one not being watched. That car would soon smoke and the engine > would seize. Oh, for the good old days. > ...

This is an urban legend. Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline. Probably the worst it would do is clog up the fuel filter. The Mythbusters tried it on a show a while back...it had no effect on the car.

Reply to
M.M.

Complete bullshit ! Sugar will not dissolve in gasoline !

Back in the '60's when anti-war protests were BIG,

Reply to
Mike

Urban legend. Dont believe it. It CAN block a fuel line or a filter, as can sand or any other particulate that does not dissolve in gasoline.

Reply to
HLS

Last year I bought a pickup truck that had been used very occasionally. I did a "full service" on it (changed all fluids and filters and did a full chassis lube) but it still would start hard and sometimes stall after the first start. My corner garage guy put some BG fuel system cleaner in it and it noticeably improved; now it starts almost like a new truck. of course I can't say whether that's due to the BG, or simply fresh gas and semi-regular use, or a combination of both.

I've also used Chevron Techron in the past. Fuel system cleaners are one additive that I do think may be valuable in some cases, especially on older vehicles that aren't used often that may have some varnish buildup. For the most part I'm not a big fan of additives.

Another product that I've heard good things about but have not tried (I actually have some, but have never used it because the vehicle I was thinking of trying it on was sold) is Auto-RX for removal of sludge buildup in the crankcase.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I heard if you dissolve the sugar in water first, then dump the water in the tank, it can have some real adverse effects but it's just what I heard from who knows where.

Reply to
genius

I heard if you dissolve the sugar in water first, then dump the water in the tank, it can have some real adverse effects but it's just what I heard from who knows where.

That may work. I had a customer with a driveability complaint with what appeared to be soda in the gas tank. That really did a number on the injectors and the tank had to be removed and cleaned before it would run properly. Had to replace all the injectors and flush the entire fuel system.

Reply to
Mike

SELAMÜNALEYKÜM SEVG?L? DOSTLAR......

I WANTED A NEW FRIEDS.... THANK...

Reply to
skilincer42

HA !! GOOD ONE you all : -)

Reply to
Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for lon

Have you ever tried Marvel Mystery Oil? I tried it out many years ago.I couldn't tell whether it made any difference or not. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

For what? The Marvel folks promote it as doing everything mixed with all fluids. They suggest mixing it with oil, gas, probably with gin and scotch too.

I'll say that it's a handy solvent for removing varnish and gunk.... soak a rag with it and do some cleanup while you have the valve covers off...

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I've added to engine a few hundred before oil change. I think it cleans, dilutes the old heavy oil and I can't see it work but I think it works. Better than an "engine cleaner" maybe because those product get out too much stuff and your engine oil will be dirty for 2-3 oil changes. I've used on motorcycle trannies that tend to get contanminated by water. Does a good job of absorbing water. Used to lube my air tools. And it smells good too.

disston

Reply to
disston