Oldtimers: Could 'Action' brand sockets/tools have originated from JCPenney in 1960s/70s?

I've found a few more missing pieces to 'almost' complete an old and very nice condition 'Action' brand socket set that I inherited from a family member - actually pretty nice quality stuff (made in USA, purchased in late 1960s probably comparable to Craftsman).

I also came across some Action screw drivers that said 'Fully Guaranteed' - were these once upon a time lifetime guaranteed...?

Anyway I'm wondering now if they may have originated from JCP given that Sears had Craftsman and Wards PowrKraft. Anybody know???

PS: am down to just needing a 3/8 socket and a 5/8 deep spark plug socket! - gotta hunt thru more flea market bins!

When done I'm going to keep this set in my '71 Chevy - it's the right vintage and sorta a sentimental tool set too.

Reply to
pgtr