optilux timing light

a post I made just recently reminded me, I used to have a timing light, I think it was made by a company called Optilux, it didn't look like a regular timing light but like a big flashlight. It had a built in dwell meter and tach (digital) among other things - might have had more features but those were the only ones I ever used. I bought it used from a VW enthusiast, and ended up inadvertantly passing it on to another when I lent it to him and was unable to get it back from him before I moved halfway across the country.

Here's the weird thing... I can't seem to find another one anywhere. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about, know if they're still made, and if so, where I could buy one?

thanks

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Mike Walsh

well sure, a dwell meter is just a specialized duty cycle meter.

that doesn't look like the light I had, although it appears to offer the same functions.

nate

Mike Walsh wrote:

Nate Nagel

I just bought the one you are talking about from Cash Converters. Made by Hella. Looks like a torch. Strobe one end, rpm/volts/dwell guage on the other. I'm looking for a manual for it. You don't happen to have one do you?

Reply to
indianna70.ka