(OT) 4 stroke gas engine weed trimmers.

Are they any good, better than 2 stroke.I don't do any weed trimming, but I think I like little bitty 4 stroke engines.I don't like to fiddle with finiky 2 stroke engines.I am thinking about buying one of those 4 strokers just for the heck of it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I don't know the answer, but I recently gave away my

2 cycle weed eater and air blower. They worked great but I got tired of being covered in oil film after using them. Smokey, filthy things they were. I use all electric now, including the chain saw.
Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Modern ones don't do that. At least the professional landscaper grade stuff.

Reply to
Brent

I have never seen anyone around here use a 4 stroke weed trimmer except on those heavy string trimmers on wheels. For a portable, the two strokes are lighter for the same horsepower, I guess.

I have an Echo two stroke. It starts easily, has plenty of power, doesnt seem to smoke very much. Better than a cane knife.

Reply to
hls

Those plastic weed trimmer lines and plastic weed trimmer blades.They wear down and cover your yard with PLASTIC. Weeds and vines and stuff, I put on my leather gloves (some of those thingys have briars/thorns on them) and I get one of my old hack saws and I hack away.I am not a computer hacker though. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I always wondered where the "hack" in hacksaw came from.

Reply to
jim

''Hacksaw'' Dugan could tell you. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Some areas around my house/yard area, those West Nile Mosquitos.There are thousands/maybe millions of them.Is there some sort of powder/whatever that you might know of that I can buy somewhere to drive them away? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You can avoid a lot of them by draining ditches, old tires, whatever will hold stagnant water. These guys, IIRC ,lay eggs in those places and then whenever it rains, they hatch out and attack.

You can also dribble diesel or oil based insecticide on the surface of larger watery sources.

I used to have a small fogger that you could buy at most hardware stores. It was powered by a small propane bottle and would fog hard insecticide over a wide area. There was also a system so that you could inject the same insecticide into your mower exhaust system to get a fog.

Be sure you drench yourself with Off or some other good insect repellant before you go out.

You cant guarantee that you wont get bitten by a diseased mosquito, but you can sure improve your odds.

In Houston we had not only West Nile, but also the mosquitos that carry St. Louis encephalitis. Both can be deadly.

Reply to
hls

I will ask at a local yard and garden center store if they have something.I think we also have the St.Louis encephalitis mosquitos too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

About how much money does a Briggs & Stratton primer bulb cost? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

$6 for the entire carb kit: bulb, retainer, pump gasket, carb gasket. I just put one in last week.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX