P0430 DTC?

1999 Crown Victoria w/ 4.6L showing DTC P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). When this appeared, the car started having difficulty running at idle when the car was cool (would die and need restarting repeatedly). Once it warmed to normal operating temperature, the idling problem went away.

Someone suggested that code indicated DPFE may need replacing, but it's not cheap. Any other suggestions? I'm not a mechanic, but I'll try to do whatever I can to avoid the high costs at the dealership.

Reply to
Chris

If you are under 100k miles, I think you still have warranty. This sounds like an emissions problem to me. Check your owners manual to be sure...

Hope this helps - Paul in Dayton

Reply to
F&P