"Panic Alarm" In 2005 Honda Accord LX Going Off By Itrself: Why ?

Hello:

It's hard for me to bring back to the dealer, so thought I'd ask here first.

Have a 2005 Accord LX, 6 Cyl.

Every now and then, a few times a week, for no apparent reason, the "Panic Alarm" just goes off by itself.

There is no additional burglar alarm installed; this is just the alarm that sounds if you push the Panic button on the key fob. It is not being pushed accidentally.

Is this a known problem in the '05 models ?

What is causing it ?

How hard would it be for me to disconnect the darn thing myself, or does a dealer really have to do it ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11