Parts Prices for Shops

Re prices on parts from dealer - Do bodyshops/repair shops get better prices than an individual ?

Reply to
klara

That is usually how it is.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

normally they get at least -15% off which makes up part of their profit in selling the part to the end customer at retail.

Reply to
hogan

YES But discount is different from dealer to dealer and some parts carry more discount. Also some dealers deliver to repair shops. Standard discount ranges from 10-25 percent range . Some body parts and repair parts can have more discount.

Some parts places online also sell dealer parts to everyone at a discount.

Are wanting to buy parts at a discount or just checking it out?

Reply to
MT-2500

thanks well, I'm ordering from acuraoemparts.com for my 04 TSX and I'm saving about $30

Reply to
klara

Good Luck Sometimes you can save on line. Always pays to check around. Just watch shipping and return cost if somethings goes wrong.

Reply to
MT-2500

Our company garage used to get discounts not only from dealerships, but also on most, or many, items from the FLAPS.

One of my buddies, the assistant manager of one of these FLAPS, told me that their normal markup on their parts was cost times 3. If that was true, and is still true, the dealership's markup must be cost times 8-10.

Reply to
<HLS