PC interface for car engine temperature and other sensors

Normally, sending units (sensors) for coolant temperature, fuel pressure, and such are connected to analog gauges. Can anyone point me to products/kits/thingamagigs that can be used to connect the sending units to a computer, maybe via a USB interface. I want to collect and analyze engine data over a period of time.

Reply to
stilllearning

There are some products around. You need an analog input measure card mostly resistance capability for your computer and a software to display or/and record results. Some measure cards are connected via USB or use a data logger. A company for professional applications in this business is National Instruments.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis