Petrol in Diesel Engine

Can I expect any bad effects from adding (accidentally) approx 10% (6 litres in 60) unleaded petrol to a diesel engine car. The car appears to run OK at present. Will the two fuels have mixed.

Please keep (deserved) abuse to a minimum and answers to a maximum!

TIA

Reply to
MartinC

"MartinC" wrote

Modern diesel injection systems have very high pressure and need the lubrification with the diesel oil. They might get harmed. Depending of the age of your engine (older is better in this case) I would drain the system and refill again.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Schäfer

A VW Rabbit diesel my uncle had stated in the manual in cold weather you could mix 50/50 Gas/diesel.

KS

Reply to
Kevin