Photos of Damaged Bumpers

I would appreciate any of you knowledgeable about bumper fixing to give me an estimate as to what you think it might cost to fix the front (with more severe scraping) and back (flexed damage) bumpers. That way I know what to expect from a body shop, and whether I have to wince. For reference, I am in the Sacramento CA area, but what they do in your locale is good enough for me.

I know that a DIYer can buy paint and sand it and get it working, but perhaps it will be better if the pros do it.

I am footing all costs on this, so it's not as if insurance is behind this

Also, do all body fix shops charge for estimates like these?

Photos are here:

I think I did a good job of getting a wide-angle and macro'd view.

Reply to
Five By Five

I'm not a pro but is the bumper painted or is it colored plastic? In the latter case, the color is throughout the plastic and damage can probably be buffed out. I had a black bumper that body shop wanted to replace cover but I told them to just buff it out which they did and it looks fine and I saved over $100.

Reply to
Frank

John Kunkel