Ping Comboverfish

I need help.

Do you know of anybody in North America who can determine Honda part numbers for an engine that was never sold in North America? (Specifically the JDM DOHC F22B 4-banger.)

I have reasons for asking...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Er, I dont live in America, *Tegger. Where was this sold? And what part numbers do you need. Not sure I can help but would be willing to try, if possible.

Reply to
hls

"hls" wrote in news:gaE7h.4804$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

You live in Norway, don't you? Your message headers indicate that. your dealers will have a different database.

We don't know where this car was originally sold. It's a '94 Honda Accord Vi coupe with the F22B DOHC 4-cylinder. That engine was apparently never sold outside the Asian market. We're not even sure the engine is original to the car.

I have all the information from the VIN plate under the hood, including the car's chassis number. The only thing I lack is the engine serial number, which my correspondent has not yet given to me.

We need the Honda part numbers for the timing belt, balancer shaft belt, water pump and tensioner.

The problem is, Honda dealers only have access to their own market's VIN database, so the dealers in Dubai (where the car is) are unable to help. I emailed NINE Honda dealers in Australia, and NONE has responed.

I called my local dealer's parts man, hoping for some advice. He tells me I might get somewhere if I call Honda Canada Customer Relations, so I'm going to try that on Monday.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Sorry Tegger, I'm ignorant on this (as well as many other) account(s). I would make one lame suggestion that you try to contact the US offices of any engine importing company that deals with Japanese take-out engines. Maybe they could be of some assistance.

For example:

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Ill see if I can find anything

Reply to
hls

Actually, it is the weekend here, and nobody will be able to respond. If you are not able to find what you wish, I can take it up on Monday.

Reply to
hls

From what I have found online this is supposed to be the Honda part number

Honda 14400-PT2-004

UNITTA Super Powergrip 126RU24 Unitta F22B/F20A belt; 472mm length, 126 teeth, 24mm width

From a Honda tech forum When asked about the same thing.

You have two options to replace the timing belt in a jdm F22b DOCH

  1. Use a Honda GSR/ITR timing belt and be a wider by 2mm and risk the chance of it breaking because it rubs againt the balancer shaft.

  1. Replace the the timing belt and water pump with a h23 timing belt and water pump.

Reply to
Steve W.

Have you tried

tww

"tww" wrote in news:eqL7h.3592$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.lga:

I get tired of the Web boards. They all want you to register.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Comboverfish" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

S'OK. Just thought I'd try. Thanks anyway.

Thanks. I see Rising Sun Engines coming up first. That looks promising. Since they remanfacture as well, they should have some sort of access to part numbers.

Once my correspondent sends me his engine serial number, I'll try sending them a message.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"hls" wrote in news:EpF7h.26782$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

You may have difficulty. It seems the issue is that the various regions of the world use a different Honda VIN database, none of which are linked to any other. Your region's dealers will only have access to the European database, and the car in question clearly uses an Asian VIN.

Thanks for the offer.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Steve W." wrote in news:ejnc51$pi1$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.server.aioe.org:

Yeah, I noticed the H23A is supposed to be almost identical to the F22B. But I did not know if the similarities extended to the parts we need.

I'm going to play it safe here and try two more avenues (one of them Comboverfish's).

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Sorry. Couldnt trust any numbers obtained this way, I guess. Hope you find what you need.

Reply to
hls

Under tech spec for 5th Gen Prelude JDM , I found a reference to the F22B engine at this location --

thought was that since the F22B was referenced there would be a distinctpossibility that the some of the membership might be able to help.

Reply to
tww

"tww" wrote in news:2aY7h.2$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe16.lga:

I just posted a request. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

The belt is 2 or three teeth longer. When you change to the H23 water pump it takes care of that difference. Then the belt fits fine. I talked to a local Honda guy about that engine. (seems it is a popular item for "tuner cars") He said that the factory belt is VERY hard to find outside of Japan. He confirmed that using the above method works very well. He did say that using the GSR belt isn't a good option since it is VERY tight fit and may rub on the balancer belt and destroy both.

Reply to
Steve W.