Please help. Front Console '94 Corolla

Fellow do it yourselfers, please help:

I am trying to get the front center console off my 1994 Corolla sedan to get to the shifter panel bulb to replace it. I have come this far (rear console, ash tray, heater faceplate, glove box, lower steering column trim, etc.) I don't want to give up now.

I can't get the front console off because I left the shift lever in park and because of it's angle it is keeping the console from coming up and off. I don't want to make a wrong move and screw up the car. Is it OK to hook up the battery now and try to start the engine with the various electrical pieces unhooked (ash tray, heater/AC switches) and move the shift lever to neutral and then try to get it off. I can't think of any other way but some one of you out there may. You may think I'm crazy to try do this but I'm also putting in a new stereo and I wanted to get both things done. It's an automatic 4 speed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill