please identify this honda noise

1994 accord automatic.

I start the engine. I put the gear to D. When the car starts moving, I hear this horrible noise coming from the front that sounds like metal scraping. I have checked the bottom of car but see no metal rod hanging down, so it's no foreign object. When I step on the brake, the noise would go away. The noise would re-appear when I decelerate.

All this can be heard while I'm driving. But Not when the car is idle. When the car is idle, I can only hear belts whirring.

Any clue?

Reply to
kilroybass

Metallic pads(if worn, metal-to-metal contact) noisy as they drag on rotors? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Bad Brakes.

hanging

Reply to
Steve W.

Hello KilroyBass and everyone, all could be correct about worn brakes, but it could also be the transmissions torque converter, check tranny fluid level, brakes and have tranny shop ckeck that torque converter. Mike De Vito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito

I would say to not have a national chain "tranny shop" check your torque converter. The answer will invariably be that you need a rebuild to the tune of $1500 or more. It takes 30 minutes to check and/or replace the brake pads. If the noise persists, then evaluate other options.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood