Pontiac 6000 Fuel tank harness type?

Hello again,

Pontiac 6000 4 door SDN (no SE or LE) 2.5 4tech 3 speed automatic. Greater Pittsburgh area.

The fuel lines at the top of the fuel tank are leaking slightly and should be an issue any day. The inspection mech said not to try to splice neoprine on to them, though I don't see why other than they are pretty crusty.

Local parts stores do not carry the sending unit, but I see them on-line. Dealer wants waaaaaayyyy too much for it. All junkyards here say they're not going to have one because of the same road salt issues (it lays on top oftank).

Looking at them on line I see that they refer to two different harness types.

Q: How do I know my harness type?

Q: Does anyone know of a cheap place on line for these?

Q: Any deep south junkyards that might have and ship them cheap?

Thanks!

Reply to
Ralph D.

Pick your year

Reply to
wws

Thanks.

I see they still have two harness codes listed and I can't identify mine. I doubt I would use this vendor... they're further north than me and would have the same salt issues, I guess... but more importantly, I see this part elsewhere on the net new and not salvaged for half the price they want for them recycled.

If I knew which code I had I could do a better search.

Thanks again for looking!

Reply to
Ralph D.

The code should be on a paper tag attached to the harness.

Reply to
wws