Pontiac Grand AM Staring problems 2.3L

I have rebuilt my 2.3L due to a broken OHC Sprocket. I had the head tested and rebuilt, they found a bent valve. I have changed all of the sensors and sending units, including the Crankshaft sensor. Originally the engine ran fine until the sprocket broke. I have not been able to get it started again.

I have put the engine back together with new and salvaged parts, and the engine will turn over, but not start.

On my first inspection, the ignition wiring harness is getting power. I have connected a test light to the harness and it works. The next inspection was to the spark plugs. I took off the coil tower and connected it to the wiring harness. When I turned it over there was no spark in the tester from the Coil to the block. I also placed a fuel injector test light to the Fuel injector wire haress and it did not flash when I supplied hot to the ignition wire harness. (These Steps taken from the Haynes book for t-shooting starting problems.)

I am wondering if the ECM could cause both the no spark and no fuel injection power.

Could anyone shed some light on the problem.

Reply to
rrobbins