Portable 12 volt jumper and power supply

These products have names like Booster Pac ES2500, Jump-N-Carry, Power Jumper.

Anybody got any real expeirence with any of them?

I'm looking for a product that I can maintain charged with my cars

12volt adapter. Also wondering, is it better for the deep cycle sealed lead to be kept charged or best to leave it alone without charging?

Most important features I need=

  1. That I can keep it charged with my car (without overcharging or draining my car's system)
  2. That I can draw at least 200 watts of AC from it
  3. That I can change the battery inside the unit when it dies.

Anybody know if any of them meet the criteria?

Reply to
jason

THere are a number of them that meet that. You can change out the battery with a gel-cell in all that I know of. Many have an AC inverter mounted on them. All I've seen allow you to charge from the cigar lighter socket all the time.

|These products have names like Booster Pac ES2500, Jump-N-Carry, Power |Jumper. | |Anybody got any real expeirence with any of them? | |I'm looking for a product that I can maintain charged with my cars |12volt adapter. Also wondering, is it better for the deep cycle sealed |lead to be kept charged or best to leave it alone without charging? | |Most important features I need= | |1. That I can keep it charged with my car (without overcharging or |draining my car's system) |2. That I can draw at least 200 watts of AC from it |3. That I can change the battery inside the unit when it dies. | |Anybody know if any of them meet the criteria?

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Jason,

Make sure that the jumper pack you purchase, has at least a 1000 amp peak boost.

I purchased a tiny booster from Home Depot. It started a completely discharged car with no problem. I paid about $50 for this small jumper pack. It could have started a couple other cars, after that. It was rated at 400 amps instant, and 1000 amps peak.

An average V8 starter might pull upto 250-300 amps, if it is old and tired.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude