power door cables mangled

I have a 2000 Silhouette Premiere (same basic platform as Chevy Venture/Pontiac Montana) that recently had problems with the automatic power door. The door got to a point where it would manually move very little. I removed the rear quarter panel trim and examined the cables and the actuator assembly. In the actuator assembly the cables were bound and the plastic sheathing was ripped off the cables. One cable was almost to a point where it was going to break. I was able to remove the cables from the actuator with some wiggling. Looks like I need two new push/pull cables for the door. Has anyone replaced the cables? Any tips for disassembling the actuator motor to install the cables?

Thanks

Ash

Reply to
your name

Get a Helm manual. It has the procedure....

Reply to
Qwack

I just got back from the dealer and it looks like I will have to buy the whole actuator assembly to get the cables at a cost of around $900. For that price, I am planning on just removing the cables from the door and just let it be a manual operating door. I don't have a Helm manual but do have a Haynes manual. The Helm manual will be about $120. Anyone willing to scan or copy the pages out of the shop manual that explains how to remove the cables from the door?

Reply to
your name