Power seat rocks

The power seat in my '91 Grand Marquis rocks forward and backward about half an inch. It feels like slop in the gear linkage rather than loose bolts, but I haven't been ambitious enough to rip out the entire seat without some assurance it's fixable. Any ideas?

Reply to
clifto

I don't know about Ford power seats, but GM power seats often have a plastic "slider" bushing that holds the seat frame in the track. I had this problem with my '94 Caprice, and I think its a common one. I just went and took a few seats about at the junkyard until I found enough good sliders to put mine back together. Perhaps your problem is similar.

Peace, Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith