Power steering noise 95 olds cutlass ciera

We have this 95 olds cutlass ciera in the shop with a Power steering noise, just like it was low on fluid. Fluid level is fine though. We replaced the pump, and same problem. My manager thought the rebuilt pump might be bad, so we replaced it a 2nd time. Same noise. The car steers fine too, just the low fluid type of noise. I will DAGS but thought I'd post here too. Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Probably sucking air. Check the hoses and orings on the low pressure side.

Reply to
« Paul »

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Well we got it back, customer ran out of fluid, we are to replace the hose tomorrow, I do think it is the return side. I'll let you know the outcome, Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Ok. Thanks!

Reply to
« Paul »

Ok. Thanks!

NO No good, we fixed the leak, but still have the noise. It was the return hose. I'm thinking maybe a restricted Pressure line or, a bad rack, There's nothing else left. Two different pumps,low pressure hose so far. don't know about the rack though, as it steers fine, no morning sickness or anything. ?? Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI