Power Windows on 96 Chevy Cavalier

The driver side power window in my 96 Chevy Cavalier has stopped working (it is a 4 door model). Could this be simply a bad fuse, or a power window motor? I pulled the fuse, but it is a silver box fuse and I cannot see into it. Any ideas?

pressureguy

Reply to
pressureguy

A cheap meter costs less than a new power window motor. And can be used to check the next fuse that may or may not be blown.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

There should be only one fuse for the whole power window system, so if any of the other windows work it isn't the fuse.

It's probably the motor. However, you might be lucky. Try taking the door apart and lubricating the track with grease, and spraying the rubber track that holds the glass with silicon spray lubricant. You will probably have to drill out some rivets to remove the motor, that's just how they do it. If once it's all greased up nicely the motor still can't do it (or dies again in a few weeks), then buy a new motor.

Good luck.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith