Price of motor oil

10+ years ago I could buy a 5 quart jug of motor oil for $9 at Walmart and elsewhere. Then cost of gas spiked. Oil got more expensive. Now gas has plu mmeted but oil remains at $15-16 for a 5 quart jug. Same thing happened to tomatoes. My grocer explained that during the shorta ge a few years back price climbed from $0.39 to $3.00 per pound. When cris is was over people were still buying but, why lower the price? Yes, it's d own to about $1.79 but not where it should be. Ivan Vegvary
Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

And most store bought tomatoes taste about as good as motor oil.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I dunno about Wallymart, but 10+ years ago the discount variety stores were probably selling API grade about SF that was only usable on old pushrod engines. Their cheap crap nowadays is up to what? SJ?

Reply to
pedro1492