private email OT

Here's an interesting email sent to my NG mail account:

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:22:26 -0800 (PST) From: "chuck owens" Subject: OK To: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Thankyou , firstly , secondly f*ck you. A general question regarding a general procedure only. Screw this group and the cocky morons stumbling about in it.

I share because this ball-less emailer has included all posters in his/her little anonymous rant. I can assume it is in reference to rec.autos.tech given the great percentage of posts I direct that way.

Your welcome, but I've never stumbled in cyberspace.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

"Comboverfish" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Ya figure it's the no-start Camry guy?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

It's always a possibility :-)

Whoever it is, he's surely a pussy.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

....... f*ck you. ....... Screw this group and the cocky morons stumbling about in it. "chuck owens" _______________________________________________

.......this emailer included all posters in his/her anonymous rant. I assume it refers to rec.autos.tech given the great percentage of posts I direct that way. Toyota MDT in MO _______________________________________________

Ya figure it's the no-start Camry guy? TeGGeR® ______________________________________________

No, that was "brian", who complained about all the repairs that were unsuccessful for his 1995 Camry, but who could not articulate the problem symptoms in clear English.

Lacking Brian's advantage of actually seeing the car, RAT posters offered the best advice possible, but he viewed the advice as being condescending. Instead of re-posting with more detailed information to try to solve the problem, he vented his resentment in a sarcastic note.

Please don't be discouraged by occasional profanity from unappreciative advice-seekers. Experienced advice is welcomed by frustrated DIYers who desire to maintain their cars without wasting many hours and dollars.

Best regards to all RATers.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

As a newcomer to this group I'd agree with the experienced advice being welcomed by DIYers. Even though I may struggle to articulate the problem well myself you guys seem to work with me. Keep up the good work and let the more vocabulary challenged people fade away.

Good day,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

No, he posted in here as "Breeze", about putting a remanufactured head onto a car, and even though the timing belt was off by one tooth it showed perfect timing. look for "engine code: timing belt off one tooth ,but it is perfect!" or paste the following in to your favourite web browser (or any other browser):

He was asked for details on the engine, which were never provided and he never responded.

So I don't know what he expects. *shrug*

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

Occasionally, one gets a 'tough dog' mechanical problem.

They can usually be solved by a mechanic who is not only trained, but has a brain between his ears.

I have been an outspoken poster that the best mechanics do not always, maybe even do not usually, work at dealerships.

A dealership chump is a dealership hump.

There is no problem that cannot be diagnosed. There are problems that cannot be successfully remedied over the long haul (Ask proud Yugo owners)

Reply to
hls

Others' experiences will vary. I've seen more butchers in indie shops than in dealers. I do this for a living; hacks in my business concern me greatly. I am not one to cover up for a crappy or dishonest mechanic whether he works for a dealer or indie.

What are the odds I'll ever meet one?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

"Comboverfish" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You'll meet them wherever Yugo!

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Saw one of these damn things happily chugging along not too long ago. Maybe one in a million, but some of them survived.

Do you work at a dealership?

Reply to
hls

Yes. About 90%+ of my time spent wrenching has been at dealers.

I've been much happier there than at private shops. Most dealer techs I've met are top notch, really care about their profession, and know their stuff. It's one of the reasons I want to be in that type of atmosphere. There are certainly damned good indie mechanics out there, but they have to work harder to even come near having similar knowledge of any given make. It takes an exceptional indie guy to do a good job, and unfortunately mechanics often don't take the high road in their profession. Moreover, it really takes a good service manager or owner to keep a shop on the level and competent. If you don't have that then the quality and integrity will suffer.

Toyota MDT in MO (looking for a cherry Yugo to pimp)

Reply to
Comboverfish

That's sick!

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I don't know... It would look pretty fly with a set of 13" chrome spinners! Y'know, to upgrade from the 12" steel wheels.....

Toyota MDT in MO

Is there anything better than a car that requires spare tire removal to change the air filter? I think not.

Reply to
Comboverfish

Ya gotta go 20" at least.

Yeah, cars that come with a rear window defogger standard equipment to keep your hands warm while you're pushing it.

20" run flats... that's the shitz!
Reply to
aarcuda69062