Private Seller FMV: Edmunds vs Kelly Blue Book

Hi group:

A friend of mine is asking for my assistance in selling his 1995 Buick Grand Sport Coupe. I went to the websites of Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book and the results for a private seller were quite different from each other.

For Edmunds I inputted the following variables:

Condition of vehicle: Clean (not Outstanding or Average) Color: white Mileage: 113,253

AM/FM/Cassette/CD Audio System Audio Steering Wheel Controls Bucket Seats Keyless Entry System Power Antenna Power Driver Seat Power Exterior Mirrors Power Front Passenger Seat Power Moonroof Rear Window Defroster Remote Trunk Release

For Kelley Blue Book I inputted the following variables:

Condition of vehicle: Good (not Excellent or Fair)

3.8L V6 engine Mileage: 113,253 (Typical mileage for this vehicle is 92,000 miles)

Standard Equipment entered by KBB which is on my friend's car:

Air Conditioning Power Steering Power Windows Power Door Locks Tilt Wheel Cruise Control Am/Fm Stereo Radio Dual Front Air Bags ABS (4 wheel) Alloy Wheels

I added the following options:

Gran Touring Package Cassette Single Compact Disk Dual Power Seats Power Sun Roof

The results of determining the Private Party Fair Market Value (FMV) are:

Edmunds: $1,921

Kelley Blue Book $2,940

Why are their such large differences between the FMV using these two services?

I look forward to your comments.

Regards, Al Gershen Grants Pass, OR snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
gassyal