problem when reverse

Greeting,

I got an auto-transmission car. Recently the car developed a problem when I shift to Reverse gear, the engine does seem like powered down and sometime shut off at all. This is practically noticable when I just started up the car, and switch on the air-cond (engine act like powered down a bit), then put to reverse (powered down lot).

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Reply to
Kelmen Wong

Yes. It sounds like your engine is low on power and may need a basic tune up or induction cleaning if a newer model. Start there if you have not done such maintenance in a long time.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

If the problem only happens in reverse but not in drive, check the air intake ducting for a rip or tear that is pulled open when the engine moves in the direction it gets torqued when in reverse. On cars with a mass airflow sensor, this can allow air to enter the intake which is not measured by the sensor, causing problems.

Reply to
Robert Hancock