problem with a 1993 3.3 voyager

I had a neighbor install a used engine, and ever since it will not run right and the coil will heat up and blow a hole in side that faces you. Also the white fuseable link starts to heat up and smoke. I checked everything I can think of

Reply to
bigroy

Well, clearly something is shorted to ground that shouldn't be. Disconnect the positive battery terminal, put a light bulb in series with it. Disconnect cables around the engine until the light bulb goes out. Now you know which cable is shorted to ground. Work forward and back from that point.

When you installed the new engine, did you install the engine control computer and wiring harnesses from the old one?

The engine you installed, is it the same year as the one you removed and identical in every way?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

make sure all of the ground straps are installed.

Reply to
m6onz5a