problem with chevy truck brake

Hi everyone,

I have a chevy 1 ton, C3500 pick-up truck, and I've been having a problem with a front brakes on the passenger side, and I'm not sure exactly *what* the problem is. Hopefully someone can give me some advice or suggestons on what I can do. As for the problem:

When I apply the brakes while driving, the front brake on the passenger side simply clamps down and doesn't release. Basically, I'm driving around with the brake on ...on that side, at least.

I purchased and installed a new caliper from autozone, but that hasn't helped. What could be the cause of this? What else should I be looking at?

thanks, tysteel

please send any and all emails to: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
tysteel

Replace the hose. Actually, replace *all* the hoses. You've probably got a hose acting as a check valve.

If it locks up, and you park the truck and open the bleeder screw then tighten it right back down again, does it release until you hit the brakes again? If so I'll bet you $20 it's a hose.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel