Problem with Nissan Pickup

Hey all,

I've got a 1988 Nissan Hardbody pickup truck, 4x4, 4 cylinder 2.4L engine (2 plugs per cylinder) manual tranny. It's recently started missing at idle. It doesn't seem to miss under load, just while the truck is idling.

I tuned it up not too long ago, so it's got relatively new plugs, new plug wires, a new cap and rotor and correct valve lash, so I know it's not that.

Someone mentioned it might have something to do with the EGR valve? Can anyone shed any light on that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada geoff at glave dot org

Reply to
Geoff Glave

I had an 1987 Nissan King Cab with the same engine. If my memory isn't failing me I had a similar problem under warrantee and it was traced to a defective ignition coil.

As you know the engine has 8 plugs and 2 coils and apparently the plugs on the intake and exhaust side of the engine fire at a slightly different times. A weak or defective coil on either side screws things up real quick.

Hope this helps

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo