Q: Corolla'01 AT fluid replace interval

The car is 2001 Corolla CE 3-speed AT. Driven in Denver, CO, almost exclusively city driving, 20K miles/year.

What is the recommended AT fluid replace interval? The official Toyota Scheduled Maintenance Guide says inspect at 15K, replace 30K. A dealer's service dept. told me, of course, replace every 15K miles, but is that necessary?

Also: Differential oil replace interval? Brake fluid?

thanks

Reply to
Bubba Bubbs

I would follow your maint guide that came with your vehicle...

Reply to
Ducky

Here's the response I got from Toyota, if anyone's interested:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry.

If you are not operating your vehicle under severe operating conditions, it is recommended your fluids be inspected and if necessary replaced at the recommended service intervals. We recommend the transmission fluid be inspected and if necessary replaced as recommended by your dealership every 30,000 miles. If your transmission does not have the "ECT" switch it is recommended your differential fluid be inspected and as necessary replaced every 15,000 miles.

It is recommended you inspect your brake fluid and replace only as needed. The need to replace your brake fluid would be necessary if it became contaminated or dirty.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

National Customer Relations

Reply to
Bubba Bubbs