Question for the Ford body/parts guys

Hi all, The shop I work part time in (media stripping) has several self-serve cabinets, pretty big ones too. Some guy came into the shop a couple years ago with a Ford Expedition hood - it's aluminum. He plastic stripped about 1/5 of it, got a call on his cell phone and left, leaving the hood in the cabinet. He hadn't yet paid for using the cabinet, so we held it since then waiting for the guy to either finish the job and pay, or at least come and pay for the partial cabinet use and take the hood. Never happened. We also never got a name or number, since he'd just started the work and we usually get names & numbers AFTER the work is done and we're writing up the ticket. Never saw the guy after that day either. Two years of secure dry indoor storage alone is obviously worth far more than this hood will ever be, let alone the time in the cabinet.

Here's my question: What years does a hood of that era interchange with? From what I can tell by looking, all the Expeditions use the same hood, but I'm not a body man and by no means an expert. This was 2 years ago so the hood can't be from an Expedition newer than that. It's an original stock part too, with the Ford logo on the underside. I'd like to put this up on ebay or something to recover some of the money we have into it (time in the cabinet & storage/handling), but all I know is that he said it was from an Expedition and it's aluminum (which it is).

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Cheers, - Jeff G j4at4null4dot4net (no fours)

Reply to
Keep YerSpam

Why don't you call the Ford parts department of a local dealership and ask them? I know the GM guys were able to tell me what parts cross-referenced.. Heck, you could look on ebay and see what people have it as advertised. Usually it's something like:

2002-2004 Ford Expedition Hood. (only for example)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang
97-02 Hoods are the same. 03-06 Hoods are the same.
Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks Ed.

Cheers, - JJ