Question on tires alignment?

I have a car that i just got 2 new tires for the front. It is a Toyota Corolla front wheel drive. The rear tires are older with still some tread left, maybe 3,000 miles before replacement. I was thinking about getting an alignment for the car. However, should i wait until i replace the rear tires and get an alignment or does it matter? In other words,if i go ahead and get an alignment today and replace my rear tires in a couple months, would i need another alignment? Thanks guys.

Reply to
zcarenow

Replace all four tires with the same brand and size. Next get a front end alignment. Finally, rotate your tires front to back every 5,000 miles.

Reply to
John S.

====== ======

Put the new tires on now and get the alignment now.

unless.....you're jest a fan of frequenting tire and alignment shops, then by all means.......wait and do them both later.

~:~ MarshMonster ~chunks his 2 used tires in the trunk to use as spares later........ hands the tire dude a five spot.......thanks dude....see you again in 4 years or so~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Ok. Thanks guys. Recommendations on a decent priced, and reputable alignment place? I live in Texas. Thanks again.

Reply to
zcarenow

In Texas? That doesn't really narrow it down very much. The mileage from El Paso to Houston is about the same as the mileage from Houston to St. Louis.

In Dallas, the best place is Dallas Frame and Alignment on Fabens.

Reply to
E Meyer

==== ==== " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote

Ok. Thanks guys. Recommendations on a decent priced, and reputable alignment place? I live in Texas. Thanks again.

====== ======

I would have to suggest Elm Street Driveline and Alignment........

they're down on the corner on the left.....jest past the light, if yer headed toward the movie theater.

and......

no prob......yer quite welcome

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke......wonders if he shudda suggested Willies Tire and Alignment on West Ave............ nah.......the other place is closer......best to save gas you know.....conservation and all that~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

My bad. To be specific, the Houston area.

Reply to
zcarenow

Uuuuhh... Your bad???

Reply to
John S.

On Jul 30, 11:39?am, "John S." wrote: ====== ====== "zcare wrote: . My bad.

. ======= =======

On Jul 30, 11:39 am, "John S." wrote: . Uuuuhh... ?Your bad???

. ====== ======

he's not bad.....

i've seen bad....... he jest htinks he's bad.....

now you...... yer bad!

~:~ marsh ~pours John a cup of shroomjuice....mmmmm...... now that's good~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Wise counsel. IMO, anyone that puts multiple sized tires on a car not intended for such is a douchebag.

He should spring for a four wheel alignment given toe and camber are adjustable in the rear of his ride.

Absolutely. Even a perfect alignment can't keep those soft rear control bushings from tearing up rear tires that have been in place too long... not to mention the many other benefits of 5K rotations.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish