R12, R134, what's next?

ROVAC was what I was remembering. Hilsch tubes can generate some pretty cold temperatures, and use nothing but compressed air (or other gas). They have some instrumental applications, but doubt there is any hope for auto air conditioning.

Reply to
<HLS

Believe what you want.... Environment is a broad subject. Recent surveys, which I am sure many of you will not believe anyway, indicate that there are now only about 10% of the fish in the sea that there were a few decades ago. That was a resource we thought was impossible to kill off because it was so vast. But we seem to be managing it.

This is a result of overfishing and pollution, apparently.

New studies published just last week estimate that the northern polar ice cap will disappear totally, and will not refreeze, within the century. Earliest models show it will happen by 2040, but others say it might last until nearer 2100.

IF TRUE ( and we can argue whether it is or not...neither of us knows, one way or the other) this seems serious, for our children. Most of us are old enough that we can continue to crap in our nests and will not live to see the outcome.

Reply to
<HLS

I am NOT a liar,am not uneducated, and am not stupid...

Scientific data IS up for interpretation, and there is a certain amount of error inherent in every measurement.

There is also the human tendency to deny data which is inconvenient. If you dont like the scenario, then just say it isnt so. Which are you?

Reply to
<HLS

And you can buy decent CFLs in 8-packs for a couple of dollars per bulb now. And the CRI is good. No reason not to go there. However, I'd say only about 30% of the ones I've bought actually last 7 years. 2-3 years is more typical.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Kowalski

Reply to
Kowalski

Computer modeling and simulation is used in hundreds of industries to save millions of dollars in testing. It has proven it's worth over and over and over. In fact one of the earliest industries to do it was the military industrial complex. If anything, the climatologists are johnny-come-latelys to the science of computer modeling.

If you want to dispute the global warming models then your welcome to attack the input data being used to feed the models. But attacking the models themselves show your nothing more than an ignorant blowhard.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

This isn't difficult science even for you, Kowalski...Simple calculations.

Or, maybe that would be difficult for you.

Reply to
<HLS