Re: 70 MPH sure is SLOW!

I wonder if the Toyota speedometers are conservative, telling you

>you're going faster than you really are. I've seen a few SPEED LIMIT >ENFORCED / YOUR SPEED = xx machines, and they seem to tell me I'm >going slower than I think I'm going...

Speedo's always read low. Usually within 1 or 2 mph at low speeds

Reply to
Peter Hill
70 MPH is Super Fast for me.I prefer the back roads where I can slow poke along at 30 and 40 MPH.I can even do 25 MPH on some of the back roads when I have to go shopping.You couldn't pay me enough money to get on the high speed roads and interstates nowadays. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Let's see...Pickup truck? Hat? Speed inversely proportional to number of dogs in the car/truck? ;)

I think you're a wee bit older than I am, and have to say, if you're driving safely, you're to be commended!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

My old 1978 Dodge van has a speedometer which reads in MPH and KPH.My

1983 Dodge van speedometer reads only in MPH. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

There are electronic bicycle speedometers available in the stores.I have one here, somewhere that I bought for about $10.00 at a Wal Mart store.I am not sure, but I think some motorcycles and motor scooters have electronic speedometers too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

PUI, Pedaling Under Influence. Good one! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I was pulled over two seperate times before in Florida and given a warning for driving too slow. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

All the lead gone from the right foot, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Depends upon what you're 'pedalling'...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

How about the fastest cars of the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and so on? In 1906 at Ormond Beach, a Stanley Steamer set a record of about 127 MPH. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Holy Cow!!

'Cos he was going down a grade making 90 miles an hour, The whistle broke into a scream. He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle, Scalded to death by the steam.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Casey Jones Museum.

She was coming around the mountain, doing 90 miles per hour, when the chain on her bicycle broke! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

All I remember is something about "Dixie" and "spokes"... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Oh, yeah...and something about being "found in the grass..."

You tickled a couple brain cells back into activity there, boy!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B