Re: '89 626 drums...again!

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= wrote in news:pdBki.6331$t05.3048@trndny09:

Aw, you've got the old-fashioned "integral bearing" type drum. Falling-off-a-log easy. Dates from about 1920. Maybe earlier.

If this piece won't come apart, then the shoes are worn into the drums, or there is a majorly big rust ridge.

You say you can't see the circular ends of the shoe hold-down pins? Those are ALWAYS visible from the back of the backing plate. A bit of Dremel work and Bob's your uncle.

Reply to
Tegger

There's freakin' Bob again!!!

I'm trying to do this without cutting anything off; also, it doesn't feel like the drum is hanging on the shoes. I know what that's like since my Grand Voyager was hung on the shoes...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

As long as Bob isn't your aunt...

Reply to
Comboverfish

Comboverfish wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

These days, you just never really know...

Reply to
Tegger