Re: 89 Integra bad idling on start

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the reply. How would this explain that it only happens on few starts (and never happened in cold weather) and then goes away after engine warms up even a little bit?

I checked the antifreeze reservoir and there is still coolant in there, but I am not sure how much was there after engine stopped sucking it out. I recently flushed the cooling system and had to fill the thing several times until the engine stopped going hot and didn't suck any more from the reserve. I noticed how much is in there now, so in a week I should be able to say if it had gone down any.

But if for now we say the coolant level does not drop, what else do you think it could be? I am thinking I will do a tune-up anyway just because I don't know when it was done last time. Hopefully it will help, but for some reason, I have my doubts.

Thanks

-- Dennis

[snip] > > I've been running the car for about 4 months now and it runs great except > > for one small (or not so small part). When I first start it, sometimes > > (about 20% of the time) the idle RPM will ge way below what it should be, > > 750. It seems like the car is about to stall. Sometimes it doesn't start > > until I give it just a little throttle. And 3 times in these 4 months it > > started and stalled. But afer it starts and runs for 5 minutes (less in > > most cases), it will start idling at 750 and will not have any more > > problems. > > > > Any guesses what it could be? > > My wild a$$ guess: Head gasket seepage. > > Has the level in the antifreeze reservoir dropped any?
Reply to
Dennis M