Re: 93 caprice classic temp guage not working

Well I think that I found the sensor. It is in the head on the front

> left (drivers) side of the engine. The only weird thing is that the > book shows a single wire going from the temp guage to the sensor which > is then screwed into (grounded) to the engine. My car has two green > wires going to the sensor. A number of mechanics have looked at this > sensor and have said that this has to be the temperature sensor but no > one knows why the two wires? The sensor is just a temperature sensitive > resistor that is in series with the guage which has 12V going to the > other side of it. According to the Alldata diagram we pulled the guage > is mearly a voltmeter really. So there should only be one wire going to > it. Thanks, Lenny >

This is just an intuitive guess: maybe the second wire is a safety override to engage the cooling fan(s) when the temp. reaches a dangerous level? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

You may be thinkng about the LT1 engine as used in the 94's. There is only the one fan on this engine and it is belt driven conventionally off the water pump. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002