Re: Brakes heating up

I have a 97 Toyota Tercel that has an overheating front brake. I checked the

> rotor and it has around 3 thousands of an inch run out. I have replaced the > calliper and bled the line. I replaced the rubber sleeves and greased them > with sill glide and reused the old pins which are not scratched. > It worked good for three days and then they heated up again. So I cooled it > down with water and drove another few days with no over heating until > yesterday. > What could be doing this!? Could it be the master cylinder or brake pads? > >
Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

"Merv" wrote in news:bhvrjn$ne6$ snipped-for-privacy@nrc-news.nrc.ca:

I've seen brake hoses cause this. The interior deteriorates, a crack develops, a piece partially flakes off, and acts like a check valve. Won't let the fluid back to the master cylinder. This is very common on GM small trucks (S10, Blazer, etc)

Reply to
Anthony